Dr. Victor Ankoma-Sey
Director of Liver Transplant Program at Houston Methodist Transplant Center /
Director of Liver Associates of Texas
Selected Professional Activity
- Board certified in Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Transplant Hepatology
- American Gastroenterological Association Fellow.
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases, Member of the Development Committee
- Liver diseases
- Clinical trials in antiviral therapy for treatment of Hepatitis B and C
- Fatty liver
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma.
- Liver Transplantation
- Internal Medicine Residency – Good Samaritan Hospital, Johns Hopkins affiliate, Baltimore, MD
- Gastroenterology/Hepatology Fellowship (Research Track) – University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- University of Ghana Medical School – M.D. Korle-Bu, Teaching Hospital, Accra, Ghana
Dr. Victor Ankoma-Sey, is the Director of the Liver Transplant Program at Houston Methodist Hospital. He is board certified in Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Transplant Hepatology. He is an American Gastroenterological Association Fellow and a member of several medical associations including the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases.
He obtained his M.D. degree from the University of Ghana Medical School. Following his medical internship and residency at the Johns Hopkins Affiliate Program at the Good Samaritan Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, he completed his Gastroenterology and Hepatology Fellowship training at the University of California, San Francisco.
Dr. Ankoma-Sey was the Chief of Hepatology at St Luke’s Episcopal Hospital, Houston from 2007-2013. He also served as Medical Director of St Luke’s Episcopal Hospital Liver Health Outreach Program. In addition he is Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine at the Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas.
He was on the Faculty of University of Texas Medical School from 1996 to 2002. From 1999-2002 he also served as the Chief of Hepatology and Medical director of Liver Transplantation at The University of Texas Medical School/Memorial Herman Hospital, Houston where he held the position of Assistant Professor of Medicine. Victor Ankoma-Sey, is also the Director of Liver Associates of Texas, P.A., he founded in 2002. He has published more than 100 original papers, review articles and abstracts. He is an ad hoc reviewer of several clinical and biomedical journals.
Dr. Ankoma-Sey has an active practice of patients with liver and digestive diseases. His clinical interests revolve around the optimal management of patients with chronic viral hepatitis B & C, Fatty liver, liver tumors, cirrhosis, advanced liver disease, liver transplantation and maintaining liver health. He is actively engaged and directs the clinical research program at the Liver Associates of Texas, PA. His research interests are focused on clinical therapeutic trials in antiviral therapy for treatment of Hepatitis B and C; fatty liver, Primary Biliary Cirrhosis and Hepatocellular Carcinoma.